An info source for relief society activities, as well as other fun groups and get-togethers! Good news, helpful tips, and current events in the neighborhood are welcome too!
If you would like to be added to the authors list, just shoot me a message (see 'meganis' link on the right)

Monday, June 28, 2010

Playgroup for June 29th

This week playgroup will be at my house (164 N 700 E backyard) at 11:00 to have water games for the kids. My water game supply is limited, but I do have a baby pool and a sprinkler, so if you want to bring more water toys, PLEASE DO! Also, if anyone has a hose splitter, that would be nice. We can still do lunch if you want to bring it. In fact, I have my BBQ grill set up if anyone wants to grill their lunch, they are more than welcome. We'll have the lesson by Yvonne this week, and hopefully we'll have permanent teachers called soon, but if not I'm always up for taking volunteers.

I thought I'd put the schedule up for July while I was at it, especially since Michelle Jones offered her house in return for having us finish up those quilts the Relief Society is donating to foster kids. I don't think you need to bring anything but yourselves, but if you need to bring supplies I'll let you know next week.*** I know July is a big travel month for lots of families, so July will be kept low key at the parks here. I'm still up for any great ideas from you all to make playgroup even better, so chime in and let me know what you think! One idea we've had is to incorporate humanitarian service projects into playgroup for the mom's to work on while we chat. If you have any good idea, place share. See you all tomorrow!

Geneen Jacobson

***NOTE TO ALL SISTERS WHO DO NOT HAVE KIDS: If you would like to come and work on the quilts with us, please do! Having kids is not a requirement for attending playgroup! We would love to see anyone who wants to work with us, who couldn't attend the Enrichment meeting and wants to learn the skill, or is simply bored and wants to have something to do and participate in a wonderful gospel discussion. If you have questions or concerns, please contact me directly. 801-360-8254

Playgroup Schedule for June--playgroup is Tuesday at 11:00 and runs about an hour
29: Water fun! at my house (164 N 700 E)

Playgroup Schedule for July--playgroup is Tuesday at 11:00 and runs about an hour
6: Michelle Jone's backyard (105 N 900 E)--Water games for kids and finishing the RS quilts for the adults.
13: Boys and Girls Club (150 N 1020 E)
20: Harmon Park (150 S 850 E)
27: Memorial Park (150 N 800 E)

No comments:

Post a Comment