An info source for relief society activities, as well as other fun groups and get-togethers! Good news, helpful tips, and current events in the neighborhood are welcome too!
If you would like to be added to the authors list, just shoot me a message (see 'meganis' link on the right)

Monday, May 10, 2010

Playgroup for May 11

I think I jinxed us and called the foul weather down on us by wishing you all a happy spring with no snow.... I'm so sorry! Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and cold, so we'll be meeting at the church in the GYM (more room to run!) to play. If you want you can bring toys to share with the other kids. We'll also be starting those short parenting lessons for the moms that Yvonne suggested, and I'm the first teacher. The bishop approved our meetings and so now we can announce the activities in Relief Society, but he also said he needed to call teachers for our lessons, but until that happens, we'll stick to the sign up from last week. I'll post it at the bottom with the corresponding lesson from the church FHE manual. If it turns out you can't do the day you signed up for, just let me know and I'll cover for you. :) Please let me know if you would like to sign up for a time or a specific topic if you visit the website and see one you like. See you all tomorrow!

Playgroup is Tuesday at 11:00 am and runs about an hour
11: At the church in the GYM--bring toys to share!
18: New park on 400 E 400 N (I don't know the name!)
25: Memorial Park (150 N 800 E)

Teaching Sign-Up (follow this website down to the Building a Strong Family section and find your topic to get the short lesson)
May 11: Geneen Jacobson--Building a Strong Family
May 18: Holly Moss--Helping Family Members Live the Gospel
May 25: Elisa Simmons--Personal Integrity-The Key to Example
June 1: Yvonne Russell--Agency-The key to Growth
June 8: Erin Harris--Unconditional Love-The Key to Effective Parenthood

No comments:

Post a Comment